Diesel Cetane Booster, 1986 300SDL

It's been very cold this week and I added some cetane booster to my fuel. I think I added too much, about 50 gals worth for the 25 gallons in my tank.
Is this bad for the car? Anyhow, I've had the car for 5 yrs/60K miles, and it has never run so smoothly since I did this. It accelerates faster and seems to have much more torque. Is this the effect only of the cetane booster, or could it be that it radically cleaned the injectors, or some other effect? I have added diesel fuel treatment before, periodically, to clean injectors, etc. but usually added only a small amount. -- Jeff

It's a good thing. it's REAL good thing.
The 6 cylinder diesel was meant to burn 50-60 cetain fuel. In north america 40 cetane fuel is the norm and the 3.5 litre version suffered nasty premature faiures because of this. Yes the cetane boost did all that good and now you're driving it the way is was designed to be driven.