E320 air conditioning problem

My 1998 E320 has a new problem. The air conditioning only works on the passenger side. I have never heard of A/C only working on one side. How is this possible and what are the possible causes?
Thanks, John snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
The problem is probably in the vent controls. If one side is cooling, your AC under-hood components are OK. There are several air direction valves and switches that could be your problem....
The tube that feeds the air to your side has come off the back side of the vent. P.

dans l'article rjPZa.40177$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, John snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com a crit le 11/08/03 11:16:

This is how my AC problem started, on my '96 E-300.
This is caused by a lack of gas (Freon?).
A leak from the Compressor seal is the root of the problem in my case.
The compressor has to be changed. Cost of the compressor: $1,100 CDN $.
Jacques

Simple, you need to have the reciever dryer replaced with the updated version, very common problem, call your local MB dealer, don't give them any ideas, just ask for the part numbers of all the parts needed and availability to update the reciever/dryer on early W210 cars. Martin. Autobahn Auto