E55

I emailed MB corporate about the lack of E55's. They actually responded to me and said they would try to let the people in charge know about the pent up demand. I then pitched a fit about not being higher on my local dealers
list. (I have been trying to order one for two years when I first heard about the new AMG's). The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I am now second on the list for an allocation of two this year. So it looks like I gonna get one sometime this year. I'll let yall know more as time goes by.
Chompin at the bit Rob
Vetluver wrote:

Isn't the E60 due to come out at the beginning of next year? Might it not be worth waiting just a bit longer?
.

The only "E60" I know of is the 2004 5 series BMW, which has the E60 chassis. I have a 2003 E55 and have no complaints. Anyone who thinks they need more power (for street use in countries like the US) maybe needs a straightjacket.
I saw one at the dealer today. It said not available for sale at this time on it. It was awesome looking. V8 power AMG. KH

responded to

pent
dealers
heard
second on

get
qfactor wrote:

I thought there was a more powerful version coming out in the beginning of next year. I would guess the E55 waiting list is effectively the E60 waiting list when the model upgrades. If it was only 4 more months I would rather have the E60 in 4 months over the E55 in 2 months.
http://mbspy.bacosys.be/211e60amg.htm

I believe I read somewhere recently that AMG is switching to normally aspirated engines because supercharged engines won't meet new strict European emissions requirements. In order to make up the power and torque losses, AMG is increasing displacements.
Even if the E60 has a few more horsepower than the E55, that's not necessarily a good reason to wait for one. Any time MB and AMG introduce a new model, there's always a waiting list. You could well find out that instead of getting an E55 in a couple of months, you could get an E60 after a much longer wait.
Every review of the E55 I've read so far indicates that the car is already bordering on overpowered in some driving conditions.
--Paul ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:23:09 +0000 (UTC), Paul Wylie

yeah, like when cornering or driving in a straight line! The E55 is an awesome bit of kit and if I ever owned one I think I would be dead and/or banned from driving within a week.
The E60 may be quicker, but the E55 is never going to seem slow. I say get whatever you can lay your grubby mitts on ;-)
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
So that's at least half the participants in this group...
:-) DAS --