E55 tire recommendation

I have a 99 E55 and the Michelin Pilot Sports installed are not too good in the snow. I see that there is a Pilot Sports All-Season(A/S) line but I would like to try a different brand. Are there any other brands that have an all-season tire in 275/35 and 245/40 18's ?? thanks for your help.

Reply to
JB

Do Not Buy All Season tires for your car period. Invest in a set of snow tires for your car on a separate set of wheels. I prefer Nokian Hakka snow tires.

Reply to
Tiger

Bite the bullet, and get a dedicated set of snow tires. For a performance automobile, such as an E55, there is no better solution. Since I did for my C36, the only thing that concerns me is if the snow is deep enough to be plowed by the front bumper.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Reply to
glennbaz

I have two E320's, both with extra alloys and snow tires. One car has Bridgestone Blizzaks and the other has Micheline X-Ice snow tires.

The Blizzaks are the gold standard for heavy snow and ice. They have amazing traction however they are noisy and wear quickly. If you don't plan on driving in extremely deep snow I'd suggest the X-Ice tires which do an admirable job.

Reply to
jav

Next time you need a snow tire, try Nokian Hakkapelita RSi. They are good...like Blizzak and last very long time.

Reply to
Tiger

I think, michelin is pretty good. but if you would like to try other brands, go with....Pirelli.

Reply to
abud