E55 vs E500 Suspension

Does anyone have personal experiences with the differences between the 04 E55 AMG and the standard suspension on the 04 E500. I noticed that the car mags all quote the same lateral G's for both vehicles. Does AMG change anything to improve turn in, rear-end squat etc? I would think that some changes would be required due to the fact that the E55 weighs 300 pounds more.

Are any of the aftermarket manufacturers offering upgrades for the suspension software packages. I notice that the No 2 setting is too soft for vigorous driving and No3 is way too stiff. Manual changes would obviously be the answer but I have yet to find one for my 03 E500.

BTW I'm still waiting for my E55. I'm #1 on the list, so it most likely will be delivered as an 05 (I hope).

Rob

Reply to
Vetluver

The weight of the cars is an issue. The E55 is most certainly tuned for the differences in weight over other E series.

Reply to
Miro

Cannot the listee specify that he wants a particular model year?

What does it usually take to get on a waiting list?

I am thinking of asking the local dealer if he has a list for the SLK55.

( Although I would rather have an SLR ).

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I believe, for openers, AMG sway bars are beefier.

Reply to
Fathead