FS: 1980 Mercedes 300d (diesel) engine only- $1200 OBO

I hope this an appropriate topic for this forum See this link for contact info - make an offer!
For sale: 1980 Mercedes 300d (diesel) 172,000 miles Body and chassis have significant rust
This model is famous for its long lasting durability. The engine and transmission on these cars regularly achieve 350,000 miles with normal maintenance.
This car has been maintained meticulously. Interior is in great shape with mint condition leather seats. Motor and transmission are in perfect running order. This was a Michigan car and the rust has taken its toll on the body. My mechanic tells me that the rust under the car is significant and should not be driven much more as it is only a matter of time before something breaks. So, in good conscience I am selling this car with the recommendation that it become an engine/transmission/parts donor. Have a good W123 body with an engine which is shot? Just yank it out and drop in this motor. It will likely carry you for another 100,000+ miles.
FYI: Diesels are exempt from California smog regulations, so no smog tests EVER! Furthermore, you can turn this into a bio-diesel motor and do your part to help the environment. This motor gets ~26mpg at 75mph!
Recent parts include: -Brakes: new front rotors and pads -Alternator -Glow plugs -Fuel filters
Car has electric sunroof, power windows, power locks, Blaupunkt stereo, first aid kit, and European light package.
Call or email for a test drive. Car is located in San Mateo, California.