Glow plug light

Hi,
I drive a 1999 C220CDI with 120000miles on the clock.
I have started to have the glow plug light come on imediately after starting and it stays on for about a minute before switching off.
It makes no difference if I hold the ignition before starting to allow them to warm up, they come on every time.
Any ideas what might be causing this as it has never happend before.
Thanks
Paul J wrote:

Most likely one or more glow plugs is bad.