1999 1.8 tdi focus problem with glow plug !!!!!!!! maybe

happy new year to every body my problem is !! I can start my diesel focus ,drive then somtimes the glow plug light comes on and the car goes into a safe type mode . I cannot rev the engine its just on tickover. To cure this I have to stop the car turn off the engine , When I start it up again all is fine. anybody got any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
paul

Replace the throttle pedal unit- quite common on the TDdi.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

thanks tim i will try that!! do you know if the job can be done at home or is it a garage job and do you know the approx cost of the part

Reply to
paul

The pedal unit was around £80, and yes its a simple swap out / in job- no diagnostic work needed.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..