Heat dissipates at highway speeds for 93 190E 2.3L

Page 2 of 2

side. It closes and opens income of air straight from out - and that air DOES NOT pass thru heater. Did you close it, so ALL incoming air passes thru heater? Because form your explanation it seems, that you DIDN'T close it, and the higher speed, the more cold air coming, and the less heating effect form heater is possible. Check it.....
Add pictures here
βœ–
No outside air was coming into the car thru the side vents. I believe the center vent has an electronic flap mixing mechanism.
Andrzej wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
That flap is vacuum operated. If there is no vacuum to the yellow checkvalve by your master cylinder, it will default to defrost... which is 100% heat.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I had the same problem. Replace the climate control. It’s located on the firewall nearer to passenger side. This fixed all my heat and air conditioning problems exactly what you are describing
"CP" wrote
> Hello all, I have a 1993 190E 2.3L. The heat seems fine at the > lower > speeds, but at the highway speeds it seems highly inadequate. > The > ambient temperatures are in the mid 30s Fahrenheit. Does > anyone have > any suggestions?
βœ–