Keyless Entry

My keyless entry stopped working on my 96 E320. In the past I would get the red and green blinking lights that told me the battery was low on the key, but I didn't get that this time. I replaced the batteries anyway, and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the problem? Is there a fuse? Or do I need a new unit? Thanks

Reply to
Steve

Hi there, You may have the same problem I encountered a few times in my C200 1996. The central lock simply blocks itself from time to time nad losses connection with remote control - with no obvious cause. Car manual covers that question and tells, that in such situation you have to manually (with key) open front passenger door, somehow sit on drivers seat, turn key to ignite all controls on front panel for a few seconds (but do not ignite engine), turn key off, press "open" button on remote control. Red and green lights will blink -and thats it, your keyless entry now working! That was, what helped me - maybe it'll help you as well....

Andrzej

U¿ytkownik "Steve" napisa³ w wiadomo?ci news:Xns9889976326A5Escheadleycohamdus@216.196.97.142...

Reply to
Andrzej