How much more time is going to be the MB C Sport Coupe' in the market? Is a CLK 220 CDi motour espected?

I "ordered" a MB C SPORT Coupe' 200 CDi for January 2004. Does anyone knows when a new model of the C SPORT Coupe is going to be launched. This model
has already 2 years in the market.
Before going to this model I was inteding to buy a CLK CDi model. The problem is that the only CDi model available is the 270 Cdi which is out of my budget. Does anyone know if this model is going to come out with a lower CDi motorization?
Another question that I have is what is your opinion of this Motor, the 200CDi.... I have ordered all the functionalities has the GPS,.... Do these electronic systems work well in this car?
Thank you very much Best Regards, Manuel

knows
of
lower
No they don't. If you search this group under my name, you will find a huge list of problems I have had with my Sport coup diesel 220CDI. A totally carap car if my experience is typical.
MR wrote:

MB knows - but they don't tell us... ;-) Expect at least three more years - regular schedule with MB nowadays is seven years, but as C-Class sales are lower than expected there will be a slight face-lift next year for the sedan and the T-model; dunno about the coupe.

My personal opinion is NO (personal opinion only!).

Extremely fuel-efficient.

On most they do, but there are cars where they do NOT - impossible to say in advance if you will have problems.
Juergen

I was cycling up Mt Ventous in south of France in May, which if you are not into cycling is the ultimate killer mountain and is also where a lot of motor manufacturers test their new cars. There were lots of new MB M-class being put throught their paces, but also a new CLK with the new diesel motor in it. It didn't half sound odd! I spoke to the engineers wqho were testing it, as I happened to be filling up at the same time as them. It apparently is the replacement engine for the 220CDI (and about time - that is one crap engine compared to BMW) but they wouldn't say anything more except to admit that it made a very strange noise.