ICU with Petronix?

How should the Ignition Controll Unit (ICU) on my '72 208se 4.5L with Petronix electronic ignition (EI) be connected?

Does EI negate the need for the ICU? Where do I get a wiring diagram (shop manual) for this car?

Reply to
knucklebuster

Talk to Henning Baldersheim, he fitted one of these to a 4.5 and would know the details, I don't. His addrsss is balder on the server captech.no.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

I don't understand what, "balder on the server captech.no" means.

Reply to
knucklebuster

Richard,

Do you not have a wiring diagram for your 70 & 72?

Is the mention of these things taboo or wha?

Reply to
knucklebuster

substitute an at sign for 'on the server'.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Nah, some idiot local town mechanic lost it.

In some circles. Points work and can be repared with a rock and a screwdriver. When an electronic ignition fails you're stranded. A spare set of points and a screwdriver should be in the glovebox.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Having tried both w/ & sans points, points are not the point. The point is locating a wiring diagram. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
knucklebuster