Idling High?

Idling High is a good thing?
The Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner Sprinter comes with a high idle function that costs almost $1000.
Is it worth it to idle as high as possible?
.
I can only see that might be useful in Winter... how high of an idle are we talking about? 1000 RPM?

The only thing I know is that it is listed as an option on the Sprinter at all the web sites that describe it. Dodge.com, edmunds.com, etc.
I was kind of thinking along the same lines but I could not see why it cost almost $1000.
There is also an option called "Auxiliary Belt Drive". Perhaps to power an add on device? That benefits from a high idle? They could be more descriptive on the web site that tries to sell these things.
But then again they are really hard to find and they have to ship them from Germany so perhaps they will not really start to care until they build that Sprinter plant in Georgia in a couple of years.
.
Perhaps this is useful if the vehicle sometimes runs auxiliary electronics (lights, A/C, etc.) or has a PTO (Power Take Off). Or maybe if the vehicle needs more throttle to hold it in place (e.g. a truck on a steep hill or an off-road vehicle).