/M on Phonebook Entries

Hi - I have a CLK with a Sony Ericsson K700i and all works fine except that for some reason all phone book entries have "/M" appended to each name. So, for example, dialling home displays "Home/M". Any reason? Can I switch this off somehow?

Thanks.

Reply to
Julian

You did not state your location or mobile phone system.

My one guess is that it may refer to entries in the phone (as opposed to SIM card) memory.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Odd - I know why it's there, but I don't know why it's there. "M" is an ascii carriage return - decimal 10, hex 0A. So it makes sense that your entries may be seperated by carriage returns, but normally this character is not displayed. Just used internally as a line delimiter. How did you get the data into your unit?

Conrad

Reply to
Conrad

Dooooh - Decimal 13, hex 0D

So it

Reply to
Conrad

My guess is that the info was downloaded from a Microsoft compatible program.

Unix tends to only use newlines as delimiters. Microsoft tends to use newlines and carriage returns.

newline is control j carriage return is control m on your keyboards. .

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Don't know about this although the phonebook entries were ported over from another mobile.

I'll set up a brand new contact with a new number and see if I still get "/M" and let you know.

Reply to
Jules