mercedes s420

mercedes s420 ,1995, just purchased, in excellent condition,all records, 200k miles and still purrs ,burns no oil, however are there any 420 owners out there that can give me the skinny on what kinds of
dilemna’s you have ahd with your 420 or recalls?
--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface. Articles
individually verified to usenet standards.
> mercedes s420 ,1995, just purchased, in excellent > condition,all records, 200k miles and still purrs ,burns no > oil, however are there any 420 owners out there that can give > me the skinny on what kinds of dilemna's you have ahd with > your 420 or recalls?
Add pictures here
✖
The engine's timing chains break and that wrecks the valves, cams etc. The chains are good for 120K+/- miles after which, some say, one is on borrowed time. Try to find out when the chains were replaced or, if unknown, have a shop check the chains' stretch as a wear indicator and replace them if in doubt.
--

© 2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.