Mercedes S500 2000

Hey I have a Mercedes Benz S500 year 2000. One day when I tried to turn on the cruise control, it did not work. I tried all sorts of positions the cruise handle could go but it did
not work The display use to say Cruise Control on and the speed but it didnt say anything
One day i washed my car, and after that it worked again until I turned the car off and went shopping. When I came back, it didnt work anymore
Does anyone have an idea of what may have happend?
Thanks
The kar dried off so it quit working again. Your kar must go and be analyzed to see why it wants so desparatly to be klean. Obviously it now feels dirty - where has it been? What have you done with it? IT has a deep emotional problem now with a desperate urge to be klean. Hanz und Franz vill put it on der little couch und dey vill get to der bottom of its little problem. Und after dis, only do gud kind things in der kar so you vill not traumitize it!
McBrue, don't give the nice man bad ideas.
Still klunking around in that Lessus?
Check the fuse, it may be a bit corroded. The water bridged the corrosion and it worked on that account but not later after it was dry again.

Broken solder joint someplace. When it got wet it was able - just - to pass current again through water that got in the break till that dried up then it stopped again.
Yes, still klunking around in the Rexus kudzu burner. But it is running. Am thinking of starting a thread about why Rexus is not a luxury car brand that runs on for a month or so. But it does run.
Amin wrote:

I also had problems sometimes getting it out of Park (had to use a pencil). These two observations lead me to suspect the brake pedal sensor. I asked the garage to check it which they did together with giving the sensor a liberal spray of contact cleaner. This cured both problems.
So Nihil - are you a mathematician? (You work it out with a pencil so I was just wondering ...) Or are you sort of a pessimistic philosopher type? Or do you perhaps live on top of a big hill made of Nickel? Glad to hear all your problems were cleared by a quick spray.