S500 When is model Change?

I heard that the S500 will have a new body in the 2006 model year but cannot find anything to confirm. Does anyone know where I can get info on this?

Reply to
maven

In Fall 2005 the all-new S-Class will be presented.

Juergen

maven wrote:

Reply to
Juergen .

How much bigger will it be? Will my left shoulder still be in contact with the pillar between front and back seats? Will the seat top extender be as long as it is in my old 1996 S Klass?

mcbrue insatiably under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

What is the _seat top extender_? The headrest?

I don't know - it is said the interior grows more than the exterior, but of course that doesn't answer your questions...

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Technically, this is true for all solid objects since volume increases by the cube while surface area only increase by the square. This is why the more voluminous an object is the harder it is for it to release heat.

But thats probably not what you meant.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

The S klass has a seat that moves up and down and tilts. In addittion, the part that you sit on, the top of the seat, slides in and out making it longer or shorter. In the minification of the S Klas to the miniS, the sliding distance was decreased so that the seat shrank. In fact, the LS430 from Kudzu land feels a tad bigger than the miniS in this respect. Also when I sit in the LS430, my shoulder does not rub on the pillar between the front and bak seats. These are the realy critical features of the karz which will determine which one I will buy.

PS - has anyone seen the new small Bently? It looks good in pictures. But to see one here, you have to go to NC, up in the mountains where they keep bears and other mountain animals.

mcbrue avoidingbears under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE