Noisy cold start

I own a 300E W124 series and use fully syntetic engine oil. The problem is that on cold starts, especially first start in the morning, the engine makes a lot of noise as if there is no oil in the engine. This
lasts for only about 5 secs until the oil pressure builds up. Is this a common condition with these cars or is it a problem with my car? Would really appreciate the input..regards
Possible cause of the noise is the timing chain which is tensioned by oil pressure. I'm NOT sure but believe the timing chain tensioner has a ratchet device specifically to prevent slack from occurring. Others will know specifically if that's so.