Re: Mercedes-Benz hit with suit

Page 1 of 14
"Philip" wrote:

LOL...but then Toyota owners know all about sludge, don't they?
Ed
In being of bellicose mind posted:

Just the 3,000 or so negligents who had to learn the hard way. The remaining 99% don't know from nuthin' ;-)
--
*Philip

If only AlGore's gardeners would stop moving him around and feeding
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:43:54 +0000, Philip wrote:

Why do all the "negligents" happen to be driving the same Toyota models?
In being of bellicose mind

Birds of a feather flock together. ;-)
--
*Philip

If only AlGore's gardeners would stop moving him around and feeding
being of bellicose mind posted:

troll
In being of bellicose mind

Block head.
being of bellicose mind

::PLONK!::
troll
On 23 Nov 2003 09:37:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Eastward Bound) wrote:

*plonk*
being of bellicose mind

*double plonk*
Bit offtopic, innit? But does that mean you've bought the Pacifica...
;-) DAS --
Indeed Mobil 1 is recommended for my Merc (which has a 3.2 l engine) in Europe.
DAS --
In being of bellicose

Check closely the ACEA designation. In the US, only the 0w-40 and 15w-50 Mobil1's meet the ACEA A3 service spec for service longer than 7,500 miles.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
Huw wrote:

There is one main reason for the diesels popularity in Europe - differential taxation. In the US diesel fuel now routinely sells for more than unleaded regular gasoline. How can anyone justify paying extra for a diesel vehicle if the fuel is more expensive? True the diesel will get better mileage, but in most cases this will be at the sacrafice of some performance.
Ed
That may have been true once in a number of countries and may still influence some people's decisions (even though it is rarely worthwhile to pay the extra for a diesel engine unless you do a ery high mileage) but is no longer that significant.
How do you explain the steep rise of diesel sales in the UK where the fuel costs the same as or more than standard 95-octane (c. 90 in the US) petrol/gasoline?
The Merc S 320 CDI is the number-1-selling 'luxury executive' saloon in the UK. To people for whom the price of fuel is probably a secondary consideration.
DAS --
I suppose people in Europe aren't as bright as I thought.
Ed
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

Guess who isn't actually very bright? He's the one who speaks from a position of ignorance.
Huw
Spot on, Ed! Spot on!
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

worthwhile to

but is

the fuel

in the

That is exactly correct. It is the engine of choice irrespective.
Huw
On 25 Nov 2003 20:00:03 -0800 snipped-for-privacy@mailandnews.com (Neo) wrote:

An acquaintance of mine told "It cannot be a diesel! Impossible!" when I drove to him in a diesel engine equipped Peugeot 406 HDI. He has been an engine mechanic all his life. This car was a real surprise for him and it was many years ago already.
snipped-for-privacy@sorry.for.blasphemy ;-)

I'd agree that Peugeot diesel is an absolute gem of an engine. It makes the rattly and rough Mercedes 220CDI engine seem very unrefined.