Replaing license plate bulbs E320

I have a 2002 E320 and one of the tag lights is out, the error message keeps popping up on the information center. I bought new bulbs, but cannot figure
out how to get to the bulbs. I have removed the two machine screws in the trunk assembly, but there still seems to be a rivet or stud in between the screws. Do I have to remove this stud, or is access from inside the trunk.? If so how do I remove all of the plastic pins in the trunk liner?
Your owner manual will tell you how to change it... so crack it open.
Tiger wrote:

I went to the dealer with a problem with the windows not responding per the owner manual. He smiled and said, "You must be the only person I know that even opens the owner manual!" :-D
Tiger wrote:

Checked in the owner's manual...it covers every bulb but the tag lamps!
wnobles111 via CarKB.com wrote:

It is possible by removal of only two or three studs but you need long thin arms, preferably with high pain tolerance and resistance to scratching.

Get the wife to do it then?