License Plate Bracket

Hey group:

Daughter has a 1996 Mustang GT. Would like to put a front license plate on it. I don't see any mounting holes. Please advise how to mount a license plate bracket.

Thanks in advance. gjt

Reply to
gjt

Unless it's illegal to run without a front plate, why would you want to drill it?

It's considered a GOOD thing to not have holes in the front bumper of your Mustang.

Otherwise. If you MUST ugly up the front of the car look closely. There are small (tiny even) dimples where the front bracket (dealer item) goes. You will have to drill the bumper and mount the bracket (A big ugly black boxy looking thing) then put that plate on it.

If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it to the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Spoiled princess? It's only a '96. That's a 10-year-old car! Even used sparingly, it'd probably be pushing 100,000 miles on the clock.

A true spoiled princess should have at least a 2005 model.

dwight (I should talk: if it was a 1988 LX convertible with the mighty 4-cylinder engine, he could put a tag up front reading "Princessmobile.")

Reply to
dwight

KJK

Reply to
Cobra Boy

"dwight" wrote : > If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it to : > the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets. : >

: > KJK : : Spoiled princess? It's only a '96. That's a 10-year-old car! Even used : sparingly, it'd probably be pushing 100,000 miles on the clock. : : A true spoiled princess should have at least a 2005 model. : : dwight : (I should talk: if it was a 1988 LX convertible with the mighty 4-cylinder : engine, he could put a tag up front reading "Princessmobile.") :

Well, the guy that bought Shug got her for a 15 year old.

You just never know

KJK

:
Reply to
KJ.Kate

We could get you one in pink sparkly stuff and you could zip tie it on.. ta da!

KJK ;¬D

: > It's considered a GOOD thing to not have holes in the front bumper of your : > Mustang. : >

: > Otherwise. If you MUST ugly up the front of the car look closely. There : are : > small (tiny even) dimples where the front bracket (dealer item) goes. : > You will have to drill the bumper and mount the bracket (A big ugly black : > boxy looking thing) then put that plate on it. : >

: > If it's just for a plate that reads "Spoiled Princess" I say attach it to : > the back of her pants and tell her that's all she gets. : >

: KJK : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Reply to
Cobra Boy

LOL! ya nut.

: > KJK : > ;¬D : >

: >

Reply to
KJ.Kate

On backside of the bumper cover there 4 screw bosses molded in. If you look really close there are tiny dimples on the outside that show where to drill. I drilled my with a tiny bit to make a starter hole. (just did the second bumper for the car not that long ago. I could scan in a template for you if needed. But you'll still have to locate two of the holes to use the template. The two bottom ones can be felt if you reach your hand in around the back of the bumper. There might be a way to get a very small drill in there. There isn't much to go through, probably just paint and primer.

Reply to
Brent P

Ok, I just went and made one....

Just drill a tiny hole first and let the screw enlarge it. That way if it's a bit off center the walls of the boss sould guide the screw to center.

Got another idea for locating the bottom two... If you can get an awl or similiar tool in there it might be possible to push the point of it through from the back. There isn't much material there blocking the holes.

Reply to
Brent P