S320 Fuel Gauge

Hi I have a 1993 S320 and the fuel gauge has recently started acting strange, when the tank is quarter full and I go round a corner or pull away sharply
the needle will go down to empty then slowly rise back to its proper level, this then light the low level warning light. The needle on the gauge may also drop when more fuel is in butI do not notice it if the warning light doesn't light. I seem to remember on other cars they had a voltage stabliser to stop this. Could a faullty stabiliser be the problem and if so where do I find it ? Thanks for reading and hope one of you can help me Regards Chu
I recall a fiaasco in USA where the fuel was contaminated with water... all cars that left the gas station died not long after leaving... The gas station was on major interstate highway.
The damage was fuel gauge and fuel pump. All paid for by gas station insurance.
In your case, if you could get another fuel level sender and test it out on your car... would help with your diagnosis.
Fuel sending units that go bad are pretty common on MBs of that age. If you are lucky, your car will have two of them in a saddle tank configuration which will provide twice the fun and cost to replace.

I don't know any MB with saddle tanks... you must be thinking of Jaguar.
The w202 has them for sure and it is my understanding others during the 90's had them too.

Wow... never knew that. I'd have to check that out.