Fuel gauge

The fuel gauge on my 1993 explorer doesn't work. Any idea where I should start checking ? Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan

I suggest you start with a google.com search as it's been discussed many times. If I remember correctly it's usually the float on the sensor in the gas tank that leaks and doesn't float any more.

Reply to
Ulysses

You are mostly correct. On the early models the float is part of the fuel pump which is in the gas tank. Fixing the fuel guage problem requires replacing the fuel pump.

Been there. Done that with a '92.

Reply to
dfwskier