Speed is of the Essence (THE CAR COSTS ONLY $452,750)

Speed Is of the Essence
By Christopher S. Stewart The New York Times Magazine Sunday, June 5, 2005
''You ready?'' Bradford asks and slams the accelerator.
Tires squeal. In 3.8 seconds, we pass 60 m.p.h. In 11 seconds, we're doing 120, all 617 horses of the handmade V-8 engine cranking. No whistling or shaking. But the ride is loud and raw. At 150, the engine is a primal roar and my back is pressed flat against the black leather seat. At 175, the peripheral world blurs, and my lungs are in my throat. ''Easy, isn't it?'' Bradford shouts, his hands loose on the steering wheel, as the needle hits 180.
More at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/magazine/05STYLE.html
Pictures here:
http://vw.cz/FOTO1/1/pix/MB%20SLR%20McLaren.jpg