w114 blower motor

Hey!
This is for the older chassis "knower"!:O)
The blower motor sweaks, cause of defective bearing(s).
Where to start with disassemling? Am I right, when saying, can only be
extracted from the inside and the middle part of the Radio console has to come out first in order to get to it?
Thanks for any help!
Alex '69 230
when I scrapped my w114 years ago, I remember it being a mission impossible to get it out, so I left it in there :)

well thanks...hope I will manage to get to it.
Have solved lots of stuff through this restauration
Even had to rebuild the MB tool to brothel the CV boot metall caps. Another mission impossible is to paint the chrome hub cabs...with the star and the painted rings....
stencil is hard to find...no one has those anymore....
well...
Thanks for the comments,
Alex

"> Even had to rebuild the MB tool to brothel the CV boot metall caps.

just take your time and it will turn out great. plenty of patience is required. you can use masking tape on the star, and cut around it to make a perfect fit before painting.

Yes, only through the middle of the dash. You have to remove everything its way!
Your 114 body has 2 blower motors. One for heat and one for A/C. The one in the middle in front of the radio is for A/C. Isn't it a lttle cold out right now to be using the A/C?

well, I wish...my 114 is a 69 european model...so no A/C... but "power" almost everything else :O)
this sqeaking is driving me nuts...when I turn the blower off...the passing air at higher speeds truns it by itself :O) I'll have to turn the mono Becker Europe needlestripes radio with mono fader (front back) all the way up...:O)
I love the basics of this car...
alex

The heater fan is on the front of the heater case, at the firewall..... a major PITA to replace!