W124 rear seat backs- do they fold down (forward) for trunk space?

W124 rear seat backs- do they fold down (forward) for more trunk space?

I think I'm about to buy one - I was looking at Volvo but I think I'm about to jump ship

Also- can you get roof racks for a W124?

let me explain- I'm looking at a '93 300E with 220,000 kms and an '88 260E with 73,000 kms

same price which do you guys recommend with absolutely no other data ??? ;-)

Reply to
jom

The sedans have the gas tank behind the rear seats, so they don't fold down. The estates I don't know about...

If the numbers are correct and they are in a similar state, I'd go with the lower milage.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

No, the Gas tank is behind the back seat rest.

I'm sure they make them, but it would be ugly.

Hard to determine. Lower mileage is good, but the '93 300E is newer and has more power, not to mention a little cleaner styling. Also, why is the mileage on the 88 so low?

Reply to
Thom

I belive 93 was also the year they changed to "environmentally friendly" wiring. (read: the insulation crumbles)

Engine should be no problem. 220K is getting up there, but if it has a good service history, I would prefer it over the 88 for power, but the older one had more reliable electrics.

Yes, you can get roof racks.

Regards, ws

Reply to
test

Yes on the Roof Rack. I used them often.

Reply to
Tiger