W202 1998 C280 Transmission problem - Please Help

Hi all.=20

let me say that the forum is very good.I apologize for the bad English that= I have, because it is not my original language.This is my first post here = in the forum.I have a MB W202 C280 Sport USA version M112 engine . a few we= eks I have it stopped by a strange problem in the transmission.=A0

Let me tell you to see if anyone can give me an idea of what might be.Few w= eeks ago the car did not perform the shifting and had a strange humming noi= se, but that happened only once. We took it to the mechanic and said it was= an electrical problem and had cleaned the sensors and it works (do not kno= w what sensors) . They also suggested we perform the change of the transmis= sion oil.We made the oil change and after that the car no longer worked. Bu= t the strange thing is that if you run the car in the morning works perfect= ly for approx. 30 minutes making gear changes beautifully, after those 30 m= inutes stop shitfting and remains as in limp mode with that strange humming= sound.I thought I had not sufficient amount of transmission oil but I have= the meter to check. so I take chances and add 1 quart. more to test but do= es the same.once the vehicle is cooled again fully operational for 30 minut= es.

Also the mechanic scan the transmission codes. He said that " ECM has code = ID151 gear comparision incorrect and code ID 147 gear implausible or trans.= slipping". Also the differetial pinion seal is leaking and needs a transmit= ion mount.

Any sugestions what should I do???

Thank you all

Reply to
krstevalek

[...]

If your Mercedes is a 202029 chassis it has a 722.6 transmission. Common pr= oblems are the electronic conductor plate atop the transmission valve body = and the transmission control unit. The electrical connector at the transmis= sion frequently leaks trans fluid into the trans wiring harness and eventua= lly into the control unit. No easy diagnosis here. Take your Benz to the ne= arest Factory authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer where they can properly diagn= ose the problem and give you an accurate estimate of repairs.

Reply to
Les4Parts

Thank you for the reply,

I did the same thing what you have been told me and the estimate that the transmition it should be replaced... that will cost me aprox 5000$ :/ What now?

Reply to
krstevalek