Which year S430 or S500 to buy

My E320 4matic (2001) has 103,000 miles on it (rock solid vehicle) and I'm sure there are many more miles to go but I've decided to start a search for
the next MB and have decided on either an S430 4matic or an S500 4matic. Just as the E class had some bad model years (2002, 2003) I've been warned away from the earlier S's in this body style as well as the 2004. I'm leaning towards the 05 or 06 because I want a low mileage car but if I happen to find an 04 with low miles should I stay away and if so why?
Are there any specific known problems that I should be looking for - Comand console was a problem in early cars), air shocks....
Thanks,
--
Jeff Sloane
203-595-9370
Jeff Sloane wrote:

Get an 06 S500 coming off lease. The dealers are getting desperate to move them, and will make a nice deal.