Which year v6 Stang to buy?

Hi my g/f is looking to get a convertible V6 Mustang (96 or newer) and I wanted to now the which years to stay away from and which ones are better, if any. Any other recommendations would be great!

Danny

Reply to
Prydan2k

If i see another chic in a v6 mustang im gonna puke. Now a chic in a stick shift v8 is a different story....tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

The 94-98 years were prone to head gasket failures, and were a little down on power for the V6. You'd probably be happier with a 99+ model. Much more power, same insurance, and better reliability.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

My first Mustang was a 97 Mustang 3.8litre V6... it was lacking in power, but was still fun to drive. I do see a lot of girls driving an automatic mustang convert. though & yeah I'm kinda tired of it too. Of course... I got sick of the lack of power fast & got a 98 Mustang GT 4.6litre V8 and am much more pleased... this is my "learning" car so to speak... I am trying to learn about repairing & modifying Mustangs with this car. My next car will be a Cobra for sure.. I love the way 98's look so it'll probably be a 98 Cobra if I can find one. The newer ones are too... "boxy" for me (sorry guys/gals). SVTKate: any pics of your car? =)

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

The majority of Mustangs sold are V6 automatics. Without them, and the people that buy them, there would be no more Mustang GT, Cobra, Bullitt, Mach1, Boss, or anything else.

Besides, what's wrong with a cute girl in a Mustang? At least she has a sense of style. Not like she's driving a Tercel or some other little econobox.

I can kind of relate though. I saw a woman driving a 2001ish SS Camaro

6-speed the other day, and I do mean driving... not just babying around town. Sounded like it had a set of pipes on it as well. I couldn't help but drool, even if her weapon of choice was the direct competitor of mine. Cute blonde, probably 10 years my senior, and I woulda chased her down if I could have caught up... I was going the other way and she'd have been long gone...

JS

Reply to
JS

Used '96-98 Cobras with low mileage (under 40K) are readily available for $17K or so if you look around.

For pictures of my Rio Red 1997 Cobra, go to....

There's pics of a few other cars in there too, but there are a bunch of my snake. I don't know if I ever put up the pictures I took of it with the new Konig Villian wheels on it or not...

JS

Reply to
JS