94 eclipse 1.8 135K

Perhaps someone may have some suggestions for this:

My 94 Eclipse 1.8 won't start. The engine happened to stop running while I driving it.

So far, I've done and checked the following:

Reply to
Joseph R. Olivier IV

Whoops, I hit CNTRL-ENTER.accidentally,

anyway:

I've pretty much baby'd this car, changing the oil as necessary. I've changed the timing belt. Have had several tune-ups, among other things. When I broke down, there was no loud bang. I figured it might be the fuel pump or something electrical. The starter is ok..and the engine cranks, but it just doesn't want to start.

I've done and checked the following:

Checked Fuses Changed Fuel Filter Changed Sparkplugs: Getting Spark Fuel Pressure Test: OK Checked Distributor / Timing / Rotor OK

The next thing I was going to do was give the engine a compression test. After that, I don't know. I don't want to change the ECU unless I have to. I've read about the capacitor issues with those things. Is there any way of checking them ??

ANy suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Joseph ROIV

Reply to
Joseph R. Olivier IV

Have you checked for error codes from the ECU????

A constant high output means the ECU is toast A 50% duty cycle pulse output means the ECU is functioning, with no errors. A constant "low" signal, means no power to the ECU, (Check fuses)

Anything in between is an error code.

Reply to
Nirodac Yar