Boxing control arms

I'm boxing my lower control arms on my '69 Mach 1 and was wondering if anyone can direct me to the proper method/pattern to box the uppers or if it's even necessary. I'm on a budget so tubular arms are out. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark C.

I would use 1/8" plate steel, and make a patter from cardboard to weld along the bottom of the arm. I would try an make it all out of one piece of steel, but maybe drill some holes in it to make it lighter. Keep Maintenance in mind. You want to be able to remove the ball joints, and get the shock/spring perch bolted on.

Reply to
.boB