triangulating control arms

id like to triangulate my upper control arms so i can eliminate my track bars. i have a picture of one control arm in the thread at

please advise if youknow of a solution.

thanks,

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Hi, Nathan. Interesting concept.

How would you adjust your p> id like to triangulate my upper control arms so i can eliminate my track

Reply to
twaldron

by adusting either the length of the upper or lower control arms. if one were built for a specific height, adjustment wouldnt be necessary so long as you didnt plan on going over/under the height that the triangulated arms were built for.

its what all the pro class rock crawlers are running so im satisfied its more than enough.

thats the full traction 6" long arm lift. ive seen one in person and it appears to be engineered very well. its not a tj lift that you can use on the rubicon, it takes the difference into account and is built specifically for the rubicon so everything functions as its supposed to. they also have a tj version.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

If you elim. the UCAs with the TRI arm, you can't adjust the UCAs. :) Adjusting the LCAs would still be possible though, so I guess you could still get the proper pinion angle. I would think you would still benefit from some adjustment capability on the TRI arm.

That would seem to stand to reason, yes. How about open highway? Are there any such kits on SWB road vehicles?

If find this very intriguing, except for the fact that my new lift is right now enroute via a trucking company.

Reply to
twaldron

appears to be engineered very well. its not a tj lift that you can use on the rubicon, it takes the difference into account and is built specifically for the rubicon so everything functions as its supposed to. they also have a tj version.

Reply to
Jerry McG

im referencing adusting the tri-arm itself, assuming i ended up building my own that is.

yes and no. if you already have the proper angle set on another jeep to measure from, i think you could build arms that measured the same with no adjustability required so long as you dont change your lift height.

yes, the full traction kit in that picture is installed on rubicons for the highway.

.....shoulda checked with me first. :-)

seriously though, the track bar is the only thing i really hate about a tj. as you raise or lower your jeep the axle is forced to shift left or right. triangulating eliminates this and provides the same amount of flex.

Reply to
Nathan Collier