EGR System help!! 2000 V6 3.8

I am trying to fix a problem that doesn't seem to exist. I originally got the code for insufficient EGR (rough at idle) and began replacing cheap parts that were east fixes. I went through the TPS, EGR valve, Vacuum Regulator, and DPFE Sensor. Ran better, but the light stayed on, same code.I drove it for awhile and light has been on, finally decided to clean intake and ports. Removed EGR, TB, and intake plenum, not clogged. Then I removed one of the exhaust hoses to the DPFE and a drop of water came out??? I repeat EGR ports not clogged/coroded. The only thing I haven't been able to pull is the pipe that connects the exhaust to the EGR valve. The fitting is next to the engine and the hex is about 1"+ and I can't get any tool down there. I am going to attempt a couple more times, then put it all back together and insert some seafoam. I have been reading for months on this and I am at a loss. Help please!

Reply to
diy

diy opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Gee... Where have you asked? A search shows you didnt (as diy) ask on alt.autos.ford. Ever think that you might post on a FORD forum., not a Mustang forum... Thats the problem with "talkabout"

I dont know the answer, either, as you seem to have shot gunned everything I would think of but you MIGHT try:

Can you start the engine and run with the egr end of the pipe open? if so, use a long stem wire brush (lowes, hd) make sure it goes into manifold, then cover pipe with HD paper towel, start engine and stand back

otherwise post on alt.autos.ford google that group as well

There's some actual pro mechanics that visit there from time to time.

Unless you think that your problem ONLY applies to mustang 3.8's....

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It does seem to be a problem with 3.8s, the dealership told me that when I purchased the several parts that I replaced. Since I have not been lucky with all of the work I had done, I just dove into the intake and F&*ked up. I removed the intake plenum to check the EGR ports for deposits and there were, of course, none there. So I put in some new plugs while I had more space to work with, and put things back together. Now, stupid thing won't start, when it ran fine before. I am doing the worst thing I could do, I am letting someone else work on her. Now I will spend my vacation money for someone to find a relay that is blown that I couldn't find. I can't seem to figure out why it isn't starting. Also, my old plugs were gapped at 0.64 and the specs call for .054. That is a big difference, but I tried it both ways, no luck. Boy am I going to take a hit!

Reply to
diy