Help! Scratch on underside panel below drivers side door

I know this isn't about a Mustang, but I know everyone here loves their car and probably knows what to do when they don't want to spend a fortune at an auto repair shop.

Underneath the door on my 1995 Red Probe GT driver's side, I have a solid foot long scratch. Luckily there are no dents or scratches on the door or under it - just a very nasty thick scratch and scraping of the paint. Since the car is 10 years old, I'm not going to take it in just for that. If anything, one of these days, I'll have a complete re-painting.

What's the best way to try to self-repair it and touch it up? Wash, buff, spray paint and wax? Anyone have any good suggestions. Product recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Do I need an electric buffer or can I do it by hand?

Reply to
clayton