Location of Air bag backup power supply.

I have a 91 2.3L (with electronic ignition and A/C) does anyone know where to start my search for the backup power supply as the instructions indicate it must be unplugged. I have also read elsewhere that you can leave the negative lead to the battery off for 20 minutes to completely drain it - I am less confident of this option?

I need to replace the clock spring in the steering column.

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf

The airbag module can be found above the radio, it is a bright blue box about 4"x6" and has two connectors. Remove the battery cable, unplug airbag module, remove airbag, remove and replace clock spring assembly and reinstall in reverse.

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

Here's a fairly decent tech site that includes a lot of air bag stuff:

For the record, Tim knows his stuff and is absolutely great to deal with. I bought an air bag module and stock pulleys from him not too long ago, and both items came boxed in bubble wrap (the pulleys were also freshly painted) and were in perfect condition.

Tim is my first choice if I need anything for the LX.

"Musttanguy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

remove

Reply to
Joe

Thanks for the replies - looks like all the info I needed!

Reply to
Slightly Graying Wolf