Please read this if you own a convertible....or if you just feel like reading it

I've posted to the newsgroup a few times, but mostly just lurk. I currently own a 1989 Convertible 5.0 LX into which I installed a 460/C6. The 460 isn't really relevent until the end of this paragraph. About a year ago, the top motor failed and I couldn't raise or lower the top. Having about 20 years experience in the electical field, and especially after seeing the prices for new motors, I decided to rebuild mine. It went pretty well. Then I ended up rebuilding one for a friend. Then I decided to start offering this service on eBay. Five or six dozen motors later, of all brands and ages, I've had excellent results and excellent feedback. I've decided to post a link to my auction here on the newsgroup to help any fellows mustang owners who may need my service, but don't do the ebay thing. For those DIYers who are even more adventurous, and want to try it themselves, I can also offer rebuild kits. I can be contacted at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com My ebay handle is Bigblock89. Some of the motors I've rebuilt run $300+ new. The typical mustang motor (rebuilt) can be had for $199. My rebuild service is $65 and the turnaround time is anywhere from 1 - 3 days depending on my workload and real job schedule.

This link will show you the rebuild service auction:

This is an auction I put up trying to get motor cores:

If they don't link, try cutting and pasting into your browser. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me. If you don't want me to post this message on the newsgroup, feel free to let me know about that also.

Thanks for your time, Jim aka Bigblock89

Reply to
Jimz466