If you had £1.5k

What car would you spend it on and why, with or without modifications.

If I could find one for the price I would have a BMW E36. Becuase they look so smooth and they are rarely modified except to look like m3's, rear wheel drive.

Reply to
REMUS

MR2 MK1 top fun for the cash!

Reply to
Vamp

A 19 16v for £500 cos i'm sad like that and a £1k Saab 900 turbo so Matt'll leave me alone :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

A late model Saab 900 T16 Aero. My mate just picked up a mint j-reg one with FSH for £1200. Fantastic car. Then again, my early one cost £69 off ebay..

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

A 900 T16.

Reply to
Doki

Believe me, you wouldn't want an E36.

Especially a cheap E36.

My brother's E36 is the same age as my 155, cost him 4 times as much, and is in much, much worse condition.

It's a disgrace to the badge.

Reply to
SteveH

Ohh ohh oohhh i changed me mind, i want an E21 320 an i happen to know where theres a nice one for sale :D

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

NEWSFLASH 900 T16 Overtakes 600TI as URCM Sub 2K Car Of Choice ;-)

Reply to
**-**

And a magent for dogshit bodykits which look really 'kewl!'.

A nice E30 325i is what sir wants, if a BMW is what sir really desires, and of course, if he can find one without a million miles on it.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

309 GTi, or Goodwood, or 405 Mi16.
Reply to
Dan405

Only cos Lordy doesn't have a 600TI anymore.

We'll all be driving about in 6 cylinder vauxhalls soon, just you wait.

In fact I've already got one!

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm not one to follow the crowd :) I'd sooner walk that drive a Vauxhall :) Of course, driving peugeots means i have to walk a lot of the time at the moment....

Reply to
Dan405

205 MI16...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The man makes a good case :)

Reply to
Dan405

I was once as young and stuck in my ways as you. I used to have a 205 Diesel, never thought I'd own another marque. The 205 was ace and I got it for free, however Carlton 2.6 straight 6 power @ £350 is better.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If i was spending £350 on a luxo-barge, i hate to admit, i'd probly have a Rover.....

....with the super smooth 2.7 V6 from Honda :)

Reply to
Dan405

ooooh a honda civic crx ;)

or even a nice vti if i could find a rough one

failing that a cheap mk1 civic dx :)

1400 16v twin cam on twin carbs few strip it out pair of buckets and a half cage

500 for car 500 for cage and buckets

then 500 quid of choice engine mods for a few more horses

mainly

full diy homebrew zorst easy when you can weld :) circa 100 notes(nice shiny backbox off e-bay)

full service inc belts allow another 100

set of arp bolts and a set of second hand mikumi carbs will take up the rest of the dough with just enough left over for a nice facet fuel pump

and what do you end up with

an enjoyable car with circa 100 horses with minimal weight honda reliability and oh yeah it'll rev like a bastid :)

Reply to
SkyTech

A mate has an 820 auto, AI power windows and funny beeps and flashy dashboard diagnostic lights put me off.

Seems to be quite a floppy chassis too. My mate's bonnet was deforming, he did drive like he stole it 97% of the time however.

Quite smooth, very comfortable and capable of ~120mph. Even with the imaginary rear seat passengers making their windows go up and down at random.

I might consider an 827 actually.

At least with the carlton when something stops working it stops working and has the courtesy to stay not working. (c:

I would love a 205GTi. Or something revvy thats fun on the rev limiter all the time, italian maybe. Had my eye on an alfa 33 for a while about a year ago, it had rusted to the point where the front bumper wasn't attatched though )c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ahem...

-- JackH - "Oh no, it's that man again"

1991 S13 200SX Turbo - 1991 216 GTi Twin Cam (For Sale) - 1995 Micra 1.0LX (Awaiting TLC) 1988 205 1.6 GTi (Awaiting MI16 Conversion, Dimma Kit and a Shedload of Paint)
Reply to
JackH

Yeah, my mate had one of them... it died one day for no apparent reason, so he binned it as the garage couldn't determine the exact fault. Plus they're supposed to be a stickler for proper servicing, something which isn't always the 'mound for under £500' buyers first perogative.

I'd have another Senator 24v if I were in this market again, but it's getting hard to pick up a good one for that sort of money these days.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH