Running Rich after installing a Chip ??

I recently bought a chip for my 89 5.0 from a buddy. The chip is burned for a 89 5.0 5-speed (like mine).

I noticed the other day, that my tailpipes look "sooty". The car also seems to have an occasional low speed misfire. (I'm thinking a fouled plugs maybe).

Other than that, the car is running GREAT! I did notice a little SOTP difference after installing the Chip. BTW, it's a Hypertech chip.

I never noticed my car running rich BEFORE the addition of this chip.

Any ideas why my car may be running rich now ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Yes but if it's that rich, you're losing power. A car tuned for power will run as LEAN as it can safely run.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall