Left a/c on in a stationary car....

I own a '92 Nissan Sentra. Yesterday, I left the car engine started and the A/C turned on for around 25 minutes while the car was parked in the parking lot. Since then, my car has been in a very bad shape. It 'vibrates' when I turn the ignition on and put it in 'Drive', seems like there is no 'juice' in the car because the acceleration is very slow and more ever, every now and then, the indicator lights for the BATTERY and the BRAKE (on the dashboard) light up.

Please advice. I now understand that leaving the A/C on in a stationary car was not a good idea but that is for the future. What do I do now?

Thanks. Ashish.

Reply to
Ashish

Chris Storer

I don't think leaving the A/C on on a stationary vehicle does it any harm provided it doesn't over heat. I used to work in the outdoors as a mechanic for an oil producing company. I left the truck run constantly. And when it was hot, the A/C was on constantly. It never did any damage other than damage my gas credit card balance.

Reply to
Mind Melt

its time to buy a real auto. Go buy a new Chevy Tahoe. your pretend cars can't handle the real world

Reply to
Im Right

Thanks "Mind Melt" for replying sensibly to the original, very worried complainant

Yeah, I go with what you said

Check the rubber belts are all ok, and check the alternator's electrical output. An auto-electrician can test the alternator easily enough. Maybe it's getting old and just happened to die around the same time

cheers

Spam-block in action

Catherine Jemma.......(Keeper of The Gem of Amara) Outback Western Australia .... snipped-for-privacy@agn.net.au.knickers

(Remove knickers before replying)

Reply to
Catherine Jemma

My 94 pathfinder has 196,000 miles on it, and doesnt burn oil, doesnt have a rattle, the a/c blows ice cold, all power accessories work, the seats are not ripped or worn out I would like to see a 9 year old Chevy Tahoe with

Reply to
neenter