Re: It Takes More Energy To Produce A Prius Then A Hummer

The fact is so does just about every other vehicle on the market today, foreign or domestic, that is provide the proper preventive maintenance. Very few new car buyers ever keep a vehicle nearly long enough to accumulate that much mileage

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Got any stats to back that up?

Reply to
me

Yes, check the used car lots. And don't try to tell me that they are all cars that have come off lease either.

Jack j

Reply to
Retired VIP

Show me a used car lot with cars that have 300K miles on them and I will go take a look.

Reply to
me

Did you have to study to be that dense. Mike is talking about car owners not keeping their cars for more than 100K miles. You asked for stats to back that up. I gave you locations to check to back up Mike's claim.

If you didn't get the conversation, you won't get this explanation.

Jack j

Reply to
Retired VIP

You might want to go back and read the thread, chump. Hunter was claiming that most vehicles can go 300k miles with "proper maintenance".

Reply to
me