Fix Turn Signal

Hello All!

I have a 98 Nissan Maxima, just turned over 100K, and still going very strong. It has had almost no mechanical problems. However, just recently, the turn signal has stopped blinking. Sometimes, when I first start the car, the turn signal will blink, and then for the rest of the day, it will stop blinking.

Is this an easy fix? Like just replacing a light bulb? Or should I take it into a shop? Tks!

Carl

Reply to
numberpro

Ok, just as a follow up. I should mention that both sides of the turn signal stops working. I hope this is an easy fix (as in $$$). Tks.

Carl

Reply to
numberpro

It's an easy fix. There is a turn signal/flasher relay right under the dash near where your right knee is when are seated in the driver's seat. Turn on the blinker and (if it is working) listen for the sounds and track it to the relay. The part is 15-20 bucks - and should take

10 mins to swap out.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 118k
Reply to
njmodi

Thank you!

Taking your advice, I tried to find a source for a 98 Maxima flasher relay, but could not find one even online. It is really amazing. Do you know of a place that might have it in stock?

Carl

Reply to
numberpro

Here is a link:

I would contact these guys directly (should be able to get their contact info via the website) and make sure thats the correct part (you can never be too sure).

Did you call around your local junkyards?

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 118k
Reply to
njmodi