306 rain sensor windscreen or Not....

Hi, Just got a quick Q's, I have a crack in my windscreen, so called the insurance company then they asked a number of questions such as is it tinted does it have a blue band at the top and the one that intrigued me was does it have a rain sensor......

Ok so If I were to have a windscreen with a rain sensor installed is it that difficult or expensive to have a rain sensor installed, I know the wires are usually put in the car for most extras so is this the case with the rain sensor, cos if it is I will go for the rain sensor one.

Cheers for help

Reply to
The Question Asker

Then Rain Sensor is not actually built into the screen. It's a separate unit that clips onto the inside. The reason the W/S replacement company asked for this info is that theres a blacked out area behind the rear view mirror to accomodate the unit.

As for the question of retrofitting......pass???

Nick

Reply to
Nick (UK)