406 Mk2 Window replecement

Following a recent break-in I've had to replace my front passenger window (2000 Mk2 model with electric windows). Whilst removing the glass and the seal going round the door, I came across a small white plastic part. It's about 40mm long x 6mm wide with what looks like a plastic rivet going thru' a hole in the back. As the replacement window goes up/down the window drops out of the door seal so I'm guessing it's some sort of guide. Any pointers as to where it goes and how to re-fit it?

Reply to
chizhuk

This guide attaches to the rear of the window via the rivet (there's a hole in the glass) then pushes into the rear window guide.

Reply to
nigel

Cheers nigel. I asked the breaker for a MK2 window and got one complete with the cresent moon-shaped bit in the hole. When I compared it to the driver's side which also had once in I assumed this piece was extra and not a different version of retainer. Removed the smaller piece of plastic and put in my larger channel runner - but not before I broke the damn thing trying to get the rivet out. Thank the gods for superglue ;)

Reply to
chizhuk