406 front electric window not working

My parents own a 1997 406 1.8 LX saloon with front electric windows. The problem is that the passenger window is closed and will not open. I have tried to opperate both switches but neither has any effect, the window does not even budge. The switch ilumination does dim slightly when the button is pressed and the driver's window works fine. The fuse is intact. The only thing i can think of is that the window has always been "lazy" when going up and down, and that this may idincate a knackered motor.

All suggestions welcome

Reply to
Thomas Edwards