Peugeot 407

Hi, I wonder if anyone can tell me if my model (SE 407 HDI136) should have mirrors that adjust automatically when i select reverse Gear, as far as i understand they should move to the kerb position, and when i de-select reverse, they should reset to standard driving position, (when speed hits 10mph or above) There is a setup procedure to set this up, and i have tried lots of times to do this, but it doesn't seem to work. either it is not saving the positions of the reverse parking when i lock the doors, or it isn't available on the SE model.

I hope someone can advise what the problem is. thanks in advance.

Andy martin

Reply to
Andrew Martin

Now that really does sound like a stupid idea...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

this option dont work yet; in none of the 407's eventhough it s written in the manual. from factory its switched off so before you should be able to use it your dealer have to switch it on, heheh but still it wont work.

what does work and is switched off, is parking light, so your dealer can switch this on.

Reply to
axl

Thanks for the positive responce, I'm surprised peugeot can get away with this, anyway it is not a critical service, I think the parking light will not get used anyway, but useful to know that some of these functions have been (for whatever reason's) by peugeot.

I know the mirrors automatic folding can be disabled by Peugeot, if requseted. As for the other functions (I think) it should be logical to think that they should be programable through the Menu system, like the Automatic lights and Air conditioning. I have another problem, i will make a separate thread for this. thanks Axle for the quick answer.

Reply to
Andrew Martin

I have a problem with the Boot on my peugeot 407 SE (HDI136) I have A problem, when i unlock my car using the key or remote control, it always opens the boot. there are 2 buttons on the remote and it doesn't matter which button i use, it always opens the boot. but if i use the button inside the cockpit, it only opens all the doors, the boot remains locked. If i open the doors from inside the cockpit using the door handle, it unlocks and opens the boot. I looked inside the Maunual, it shows a button inside the 0 of the 407 letters attached on the rear end of the boot. but it doesn't feel like a button, and it doesn't even move, maybe it's touch sensitive, i don't know but for sure" It don't work" maybe it is jammed inside, and this fault is causing it to unlock all the time, via the remote.

I have the car booked in on the 30th, for Diagnosis. I just wondered if anyone knew about this problem, and if so maybe there is something i could do myself. maybe it could be something to be reset, like a fuse to be pulled in a bid to reset something, some software perhaps a firmware upgrade, there more and more like computers as each year passes.

hope to hear constructive comments please.

regs:Andy Maritn

Reply to
Andrew Martin

perhaps the wires are crossed on the solenoid connector inside the boot ?

harry

Reply to
john

Citroen Xantia manual states same, but if you look for tiny statement at bottom of page it may have *'dependent on model' DaveK.

Reply to
davek