407 SE "cinch" connector

Does anyone know what the "cinch" connector in the armrest storage box is for? No mention of it in the owners manual

Reply to
Zib

I'd imagine it's the connector for service computers, similar as in other cars. Wouldn't try to mess with it anyway.

Reply to
Winger

I'm not going to touch it til i know what it is! I would have thought the service connector would have been hidden away from the owner, but then Pug couldn't even be bothered to put the handbrake in the correct place!

I've enjoyed my 407, it's a nice car. Hope you enjoy yours as much :)

Reply to
Zib

Hmm, found it on mine always assumed it was something over elaborate for keeping the armrest down! Web search brings up the word 'cinch' very often when dealing with audio cables, especially on German web sites but I can see nothing specific which matches the connector. It would be really nice if it were an easy / cheap way to plug in an MP3 player / phone etc.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

Hi LOLOLOLOLOLOL ...some of the responses crack me up...The connector in question is for the diagnostic computer ,peugeot planet system.. well done winger !!! a good logical guess... regards mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com