Water getting into boot

Can anyone suggest possible causes of water getting into the boot of my

1987, 406. I have just removed about three litres of water from the spare wheel storage space but cannot see any obvious places where it is likely to be getting in. All the rubber seals appear OK. Perhaps it is coming from below - is that possible? It does have a sun roof but the rubber surround appears OK and I don't know how they drain, if water should get in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Reply to
Cire

rear lights is the favourite

Reply to
mindwipe

Thanks, mindwipe, I have had a good go at both of the rear light clusters with a hosepipe but that doesn't seem to be the answer. Any other suggestions?

Eric

Reply to
Cire

How can you have a 1987, 406. Maybe you mean a 405?

"Cire" schreef in bericht news:d8kjrs$bam$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

does it have a sunroof?

Reply to
mindwipe

Yes, it does have a sunroof but I think I may have cracked it (the problem, not the sunroof, of course!). I have just discovered that the rubber seal has a tear in it almost down to the bumper bar level and the inside of the boot was wet at this point after some rain.

Many thanks for helpful replies to my query and it is a 1997, 406, of course, not 1987!

Eric

Reply to
Cire