just getting into Landies

Hi Im just getting into defenders for on and off road and wondered if anyone could advise me on which one to get? I've got a budget of about 3K max. Should I get a defender or an older 90? Cheers Chris

Reply to
chris myatt

You'll probably get a fairly shitty defender for £3K, although a mate just got one he reckons is good for £3.5K, and he knows a decent amount about car mechanics. He needs to get the rear crossmember done but for the money it's not bad. It's a 200TDi.

The difference between that and an older 90 is the older gearbox, not so good engine, and the older 90's doors will most likely be better than the defender's! There are other differences but they don't spring to mind right now so they're probably mind-splittingly important ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:09:31 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

buy a really nice Series instead :-)

3K max is rather the bottom end of defender territory - the older NAD and turbos and petrol ones are possibilities though.

also worth considering the discoveries - you can get a lot of discovery for

3K... ditto rangie classics. Both are pretty capable off road and mucho comfort to boot.
Reply to
Austin Shackles