1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP-idle problem

Hello, I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I will start by mentioning that the car had been sitting for a year before I started driving it regularly again. I've been driving it for about seven months now. All seemed well for a while except for a little idle fluctuation. Now, when I start the car it revs to 4 grand then back down then back up then back down. I try to get it in gear while the revs are down. Then it runs a bit rough until it warms up. Although when it's warmed up it's still not running perfectly.....but it is ALOT better. The front bank of plugs have been replaced-had trouble reaching the rear ones. Will try again today. Check engine light does not come on. No trouble codes stored. Tried unhooking the battery after replacing plugs to be sure to reset the computer. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably missing something simple:-) Thanks! Renee'

Reply to
pongtp94

need to replace the bavk plugs to do so it take the motor mounts loose and put the car in reverse the motor will shift forward now it take 2 people to do this you got to brace the motor so that it will not shift forward

Reply to
jimmyh