2001 montana front pads: 'special' tools neccessary to change?

need to change my front pads. have ALL the basics, including the floor jack and stands, and rollaway toolboxes full of tools, but need to know:

are any 'special' tools neccessary (like torx? or proprietary stuff?)

also, can the front pads be changed withOUT removing the calipers? by retracting the pistons slightly, then removing a pin and pulling the old pads out, perhaps?

thanks for tips on this, guys :-)

toolie

- - replies, if any, sent by e-mail should first remove the weirdstuff from my address. thanks :-)

- -

Reply to
dave

You will need a 15mm socket or wrench. They don't use the hex or allen type bolt anymore.

The caliper slides right off, leaving the pads to just slide out. Very easy to do.

I put a large 3/4" socket in the piston and use a c-clamp to squeeze the piston back into the caliper.

Lannie

Reply to
LS